In 2022, Legal Services Vermont:
- answered 9,211 requests for legal help
- gave legal advice and information to 4,816 Vermonters over the phone
- saw 565,282 page views on our legal help website, www.VTLawHelp.org(link is external)
- helped 424 victims of crime
- represented 318 households facing eviction
- advocated for 130 Vermonters who lost Social Security benefits
- helped 205 Vermonters navigate bankruptcy and debt collection
- fought for 48 Vermonters to get emergency housing
- sent 1,250 cases to Vermont Legal Aid
On any given day, LSV’s lawyers and paralegals might help someone get heat back on in their apartment or find emergency housing, help a senior reclaim their lost Social Security benefits, help a battered woman get protective orders from the court, or help a family navigate the eviction or bankruptcy process.
Learn how to get civil legal help in Vermont.