Some statistics for Legal Services Vermont in 2022:
- answered 9,211 requests for legal help
- gave legal advice and information to 4,816 Vermonters over the phone
- saw 565,282 page views on our legal help website, www.VTLawHelp.org
- helped 424 victims of crime
- represented 318 households facing eviction
- advocated for 130 Vermonters who lost Social Security benefits
- helped 205 Vermonters navigate bankruptcy and debt collection
- fought for 48 Vermonters to get emergency housing
- sent 1,250 cases to Vermont Legal Aid
Our lawyers and paralegals often have a lasting, life-changing impact on their clients.
On any given day, LSV’s lawyers and paralegals might help someone get heat back on in their apartment or find emergency housing, help a senior reclaim their lost Social Security benefits, help a battered woman get protective orders from the court, or help a family navigate the eviction or bankruptcy process.
Vermonters ask us most often about legal issues like these, in descending order:
- Individual Rights